Rocky Mountain Academy of Evergreen provides exciting opportunities to be part of a highly motivated team that is committed to building an exemplary school, delivering an excellent public education and advancing the education reform and school choice movement. The team has a genuine interest in finding ways to improve public education and ensure that RMAE thrives.
Rocky Mountain Academy of Evergreen
Position Opening for Director/Principal
School Year: 2017-18
Date Posted: January 27, 2017
At-Will Contract: July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018 (Employed by RMAE)
Beginning Base Salary Range: $85,000 to $100,000 (Based on qualifications and experience)
Annual Performance Bonus: Up to $5,000 may be awarded by the BoD
Benefits: Comparable to Jefferson County School District employees
- Three (3) years minimum experience as a school leader
- Colorado Principal License (preferred)
- Master’s Degree
The purpose of this document is to announce the requirements of this position and to communicate the job responsibilities and expectations for position of Director/Principal at the Rocky Mountain Academy of Evergreen
The Director/Principal is responsible for the successful implementation of the school’s mission and vision. The Director/ Principal reports directly to the Rocky Mountain Academy of Evergreen Board of Directors, but has several major constituencies including parents, students, faculty, staff, and Jefferson County School District as RMAE’s authorizer. The five main areas of charter school leadership that have been identified for the Director/Principal are:
1) Public Relations
2) Financial Stability
3) Educational Program Implementation and Success
4) Leadership of Faculty and Staff
5) Operational Success
This section defines each main area of school leadership:
- Maintain Positive Public Relations
To meet the goals of Rocky Mountain Academy of Evergreen, it is imperative that positive public relations be maintained both inside and outside of the school. In order to accomplish this goal, the Director/Principal is expected to:
- Ensure Teacher, Staff, Parent, and Student Satisfaction
- Positively Represent RMAE as Its School Leader
- Maintain Positive Community/Media Relations
- Demonstrate Financial Responsibility
In order to remain financially viable and maintain good credit for the future the school, the Director/Principal must:
- A. Maintain a budget that continually operates in a strong financial position
- Develop a sustainability plan to ensure continued success of the school
- Adhere to well-defined spending controls
- Increase school enrollment and ensure a stable enrollment in the future
- Ensure Educational Success
In order to achieve academic success, the Director/Principal must:
- Review assessment data on a timely basis
- Ensure Implementation of Core Knowledge Sequence
- Supervise and evaluate classroom instruction
- Support and monitor the enforcement of the RMAE Discipline Policy
- Be an effective leader for faculty and staff
In order to accomplish this, the Director/Principal must:
- Communicate clear expectations
- Design and Implement a fair and consistent evaluation process for all RMAE employees
- Oversee Operational Success
In order to achieve and maintain operational success, the Director/Principal must.
- Oversee all office, financial, and facility functions
- Administer policies and procedures
- Ensure the safety of all students and employees at RMAE
You must provide via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following as attachments:
- Cover Letter addressed to RMAE Board of Directors
- Three Professional References (must include last supervisor)
Note: If these is an issue with contacting your current supervisor/Board, please explain
- Two Letters of Reference
Your response to the three questions noted below
General timeline for search, screening, and final interview(s):
- Through February – Early March: Applications will be received until the search committee has three qualified and viable candidates to present to the Board of Directors for interview and hire. All applicants will be contacted regarding their respective status within this process.
- Mid-February to Early March: A search committee of parents, staff, and two BoD members will paper screen all applicants and decide if applicant will receive a phone interview and/or come to the school for a first interview.
- March: First round interviews with Search Committee members
- Late March to mid-April: Interview(s) with the nine Board of Directors
All communication from you regarding this application process must come via email@example.com. You are welcome to contact Gary Stueven, Interim Director/Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding the responsibilities of this position and about the school.
- Tell us what you know about RMAE’s past and present and how that would guide your leadership for RMAE’s future as the Director/Principal.
- Give us examples of your leadership experiences and skills that would demonstrate your ability to speak to and implement RMAE’s mission and vision.
- What joys and challenges would a Preschool and K-8 educational program and setting bring to you as RMAE’s Director/Principal?
Rocky Mountain Academy of Evergreen
Middle School Language Arts Teacher
School Year: 2017-18
Job Title: Middle School (6th/7th/8th Grades) Language Arts Teacher
Classification: English/Reading/Language Arts; Middle School Teacher
Work Year: Per 2017-18 School Calendar
Rocky Mountain Academy of Evergreen (RMAE) is a K-8 Core Knowledge charter school in Evergreen, Colorado and is currently seeking a full-time middle school Language Arts teacher for the 2017-18 school year.
RMAE maintains high expectations for its students and teachers. We are in search of a qualified language arts teacher who understands that academic rigor can be achieved in a caring, supportive classroom.
The selected individual will be asked to meet the following expectations:
- Create daily plans for students based on a sequenced year plan of the content.
- Demonstrate flexibility and creativity in response to students’ needs.
- Provide timely written and verbal feedback to students in relation to their completion of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate solid competencies in grammar and writing instruction techniques.
- Maintain classroom expectations and routines that promote cooperation and respect among all students.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a familiarity with the Core Knowledge Sequence .
- Work alongside colleagues to meet students’ academic and social/emotional needs.
- Establish relationships with students, parents, and colleagues in support of all students’ growth and success.
- Model and promote RMAE’s Core Virtues.
Qualifications and Experience
- All candidates must have a valid teaching license issued by the Colorado Department of Education and be Highly Qualified to teach secondary Language Arts.
- Willingness and commitment to work with a team
- Effective communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Experience working with adolescents/middle school students
- Willingness to grow professionally and personally
- Experience in or knowledge of charter schools is a plus
- 182-day work year per 2017-18 school calendar
- Annual At-will Employment Contract
- Beginning base salary: $40K min (increased per qualification and experience)
- PERA (Public Employees’ Retirement Association of Colorado)
- Medical (RMAE contributes $360.25 per month for coverage)
- Vision/Dental available through Jeffco (90%/10%) Vision Services Plan
- Life Insurance (premium paid by PRA)
- 10 days Paid Time Off
- To apply, please attach a letter of interest, a current resume, and three professional references (includes most recent supervisor/evaluator) to an email addressed to Dr. Gary Stueven, Principal (email@example.com)
- Applications accepted until May 7, 2017
Notice: RMAE is an Equal Opportunity Employer