Staffing Update – I am pleased to announce the addition of two new staff members to our RMAE community:
1. First Grade – Jaye Scheid has accepted the first grade position vacated by Mr. Schotters (who accepted a position closer to his home). Ms. Scheid is an Evergreen resident who has experience teaching our Core Knowledge curriculum to first graders. We feel fortunate to have such a qualified teammate to join Anna Grose, making an incredible first grade team!
2. Sixth Grade English/Social Studies – We are so pleased to announce the return of Kimberly Darrington to RMAE. Mrs. Darrington was a former RMAE teacher who moved out of the area but has recently returned to the Evergreen community. Kimberly is an experienced Core Knowledge teacher who will be joining Cathy Goodheart to complete a dynamic sixth grade team! (Mrs. Sportel accepted a position at another school where she can pursue her leadership goals.)
Volunteer Clean-Up Day – Please mark your calendars for Saturday, August 6, to attend this fun and productive day to help prepare our campus for your children! We welcome all parents to come to the school anytime between at 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Breakfast and lunch items will be served. Some of the work options include landscaping tasks, converting one of our sheds into a woodworking shop, repairing the roof on one of the sheds, painting (inside and out), planting flowers, and general clean-up. Since this is an busy work day, we encourage partnering with other parents for child care for younger students. This is a great opportunity to meet and visit with other RMAE parents. All families will have a chance to come together as a family at the Ice Cream social on Friday, August 19.
NEWS FROM THE BOARD
Hello RMAE Families,
I just wanted to quickly update you on some happenings with your RMAE Board of Directors. We had a fairly busy meeting this past July 7th, as it was the first official meeting with all the new Board Members. Here are the highlights:
- The Board would like to thank Jami Boarman, Jana Hamilton, and Jeff Wilhite for coming forward and volunteering to be our Community Representative, although Jami ultimately had to withdraw from consideration due to other commitments. After a great discussion, Jeff Wilhite was elected by the Board. Please join us in congratulating Jeff, and thanking again Jami and Jana for their willingness to contribute to RMAE.
- The Board also elected our Officers for the 2016/2017 school year which are as follows:
- Tim Lane – President
- Laurel Hyslop – Vice President
- Jodi Dorkin – Secretary
- Kelli Anderson – Treasurer
- Board Representatives to the various Committees and Organizations were also selected and a complete list will appear in the Minutes (to save space here).
- The Board created a new Ad Hoc, Policy Task Force Committee tasked with a complete review of all our Governance documents (Bylaws, Handbooks, Charter Agreement, etc.) to try and identify inconsistencies that may exist, and then recommend changes for eliminating these inconsistencies. This Committee, led by Laurel Hyslop, will also serve to advise the Board and Administration in adherence to our governance documents and policies, thus having somewhat of an accountability role as well.
Finally, the Board still has one vacant Parent Representative position, which we would like to fill at our August 11th meeting. This would be a one year appointment by the Board, expiring on June 30, 2017. If you would be interested in serving on the Board, please submit a Letter of Intent to Tim Lane (email@example.com) by Monday August 1st,and plan to attend the August 11th meeting.
We hope you are having a great summer!
Tim Lane – RMAE Board President.
NEWS FROM THE FOUNDATION
2nd Annual EVERGREEN BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL
August 27, 2016
Gates open at 11:00 AM. Bands play from Noon-8 PM
Tickets go on sale NOW.
RMAE families will receive a special discounted rate. Go to www.evergreenbluegrassfestival.com and click on the purchase tickets tab. Enter coupon code: RMAEFAM16.
If you are a business owner and are interested in sponsoring this event, information can be found at www.evergreenbluegrassfestival.com click on the Sponsor tab or contact Gretchen Hock at Gretchen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers are needed for this event to be a success. We need YOU! To volunteer please email Dana at email@example.com. Volunteers receive free entry to the event, food & a T-shirt. This is a great opportunity to get your volunteer hours in for RMAE at a fun event!
August 6 – Volunteer Clean-Up Day at RMAE, 8:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
August 19 –Kindergarten Round-Up, 2:00 p.m.
August 19 –Ice Cream Social, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
August 22 – First day for Kindergarten students
August 23 – First day for 1st – 8th grade students