Incredible Community Service Day! Thanks so much to Jamie Brand for heading up a special Community Service Day with a focus on cancer awareness. Thanks to all classroom coordinators who went above and beyond to offer activities for their grade levels that were meaningful and fun. Thanks also to Intero Real Estate and Kelli Anderson for sponsoring the ice cream social at the end of the day. This special day proved what can happen when a community comes together to support a cause that has touched so many in our RMAE family.
Staffing Update – Changes can be expected at the end of any school year and this year is no exception. Here is an update on our current staff movements:
- First Grade – Our current first grade teacher, Cherie Mazurek, is changing direction from a classroom teacher to a Middle School Dean. Cherie just completed her school administrator program and is ready for a new challenge. We are fortunate to replace her with Anna Grose, our current Kindergarten teacher. Anna has been an incredible Kindergarten teacher for many years and is ready to move up! Anna will be joining Payson Schotters who is our wonderful returning first grade teacher.
- Kindergarten – Replacing Anna Grose will be Francis Vaughn, who has been an outstanding Kindergarten Aide working with Anna this year and Emily Dorr in past years. Francis completed her course work to be a certified Kindergarten teacher, so we are so happy to have her on board full time. We are sorry to report that current Kindergarten teacher, Emily Dorr, is moving with her husband and baby to Ft. Collins, Colorado. Emily has been a remarkable teacher here for the past 5 years and we wish her the best in her new adventure. We are in the process of searching for the best candidate to fill this position.
- Enrollment Secretary — Kate Collier has been an important part of the front office for the past 5 years, doing an outstanding job of bringing in new families to the school. However, to most effectively run the school, we realized the need for a Secretary/Registrar position to handle many duties that are currently either not being done, or picked up by other front office staff. So it is with the best interest of the school that we had to make a difficult decision to eliminate the Enrollment Secretary position and replace with a more comprehensive front office role. We will be advertising for an individual with school Registrar experience. We appreciate Kate’s devotion to the school and know that she will be missed.
Field Day is 2 Weeks Away! – Please sign up to volunteer at one of the stations for Field Day. Thank you in advance for helping to make this a fun day for our kids! K-5 Field Day – Friday, May 13th – K-5 Field Day Sign Up Middle School Field DAy– Monday, May 16th This relay-style field day will begin around 9 a.m. and take about 2 hours. There will be activities that range from wheelbarrow races to solving math problems! The first team that is able to complete the relay, wins! We are looking for volunteers to help at stations around campus. Please click the link below to sign up! Thanks in advance for your help! – MS Field Day Sign-Up Summer Kaleidoscope at RMAE – Please note: The deadline has been extended to Friday, May 6 to register your students for our summer fun program taking place June 6- June 17. You students will have the opportunity to experience fly-fishing, woodworking, robotics, sewing, cooking, and more! .For more information contact Mrs. Mazurek at email@example.com NEWS FROM THE SAC SAC will hold its last meeting of the school year on Thursday May 5th from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Spanish room. If you are interested in joining our team for the 2016-2017 school year, or you just want to learn more about what we do, we would like to invite you to join us at this meeting. NEWS FROM THE PTO It is with a heavy heart that we must inform you all that unless RMAE families step in to PTO board roles that will be vacant next year, we will have no choice but to vote to dissolve PTO at the end of the school year. The decision will need to be made at the next PTO meeting, on May 4th at 1:30. Please spread the word and encourage families to get involved. PTO does so much for the school, and it saddens us to see the potential end of this worthy organization. NEWS FROM THE FOUNDATION 2nd Annual EVERGREEN BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL! AUGUST 27, 2016, Gates open at 11:00 AM. Bands play from Noon-7 PM
- Tickets went on sale this Friday, April 15th. RMAE families will receive a special discounted rate. Go to evergreenbluegrassfestival.com and click on the purchase tickets tab. Enter coupon code: RMAEFAM16. Offer valid until May 31, 2016.
- If you are a business owner and are interested in sponsoring this event, information can be found at evergreenbluegrassfestival.com click on the Sponsor tab or contact Gretchen Hock at Gretchen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers are needed for this event to be a success. We need YOU! To volunteer please email Dana at email@example.com. Volunteers receive free entry to the event, food & a T-shirt. This is a great opportunity to get your volunteer hours in for RMAE at a fun event!
We are currently looking for new members for the next academic school year. Please go to our website: http://www.rmae.org/foundation to read more about what we do. This year our accomplishments included raising over $20,000 with the Evergreen Bluegrass Festival, raising over $10,000 with our Sponsorship campaign, raising $25,406 through Annual Giving, acquiring a professional Grant Writing Group, JVA, & aligning Colorado Gives Day for launch in December. We have been able to provide the Middle School with new Chrome Books, disbursed money to PTO for Community Service Day and are getting ready to disburse funds for Technology and Security upgrades. This is a great time to join this constructive group and support the teachers & students in our RMAE community. We meet the first Monday evening of each month at 6:00 PM in the Spanish room and invite you to join us! May Core Virtues – Integrity and Service Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching. – C.S.Lewis Important Dates May 2 Foundation Meeting, 6:00 p.m., Spanish Room May 3 Choir Concert, 6:30 p.m., cafeteria May 4-6 Sixth grade to Keystone Science Center May 10 K-1st grade Music Concert, 8:15 a.m., cafeteria May 11 2nd -3rd grade Music Concert 8:15 a.m., cafeteria May 12 4th -5th grade Music Concert 8:15 a.m., cafeteria May 12 Board of Directors meeting, 6:30 p.m., Spanish Room May 13 K-5 Field Day May 15 6-8 Field Day