Community Service Day – Please mark Wednesday, April 26, on your calendars for this important day to give back to the community. Last year we focused on Cancer Awareness and Research. We will select another theme for this year. Classroom coordinators play a big part in making this a successful day for everyone, so please consider volunteering when approached. For questions please contact Community Service Day Chair, Jamie Brand at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ride Arrangers/Way to Go Schoolpool – We are pleased to be partnering with Schoolpool to assist parents that are interested in carpooling to and from school with other families. If you do not want your information shared with this ride arranging program, please return your ‘Opt Out Notification’ by next Thursday, September 22nd. You may access this letter/opt out notification on our website. Please consider forming a carpool to help ease the congestion at drop-off and pick up.
Pick Up Line – Kids MUST be picked up by 3:30 unless there is an emergency, and the office is notified. Kids left after 3:30 will be sent to after-care at ACC. (Charges for after-care services will be at the parents’ expense.)
Also, don’t forget to use your rear-view mirror placards to aid in the efficiency of the pick up line. And please, no cell phone usage once you enter the circle – this is an extreme safety concern.
New Communications App – We are excited to announce the new mobile app for RMAE. We have developed this app to provide you with another convenient way to stay in touch with and get information about your school. Look for an email next week with an invitation to create a login and download the app. Learn more about the app >>
Craft project in the office – We have a volunteer opportunity for a parent who would like to help us with a small craft project in the office. Please call us or email email@example.com if this is something you would be interested in helping with. Thank you.
Internet Safety Seminar for Parents – Do you know the dangers which exist for your child with their use and communications with technology on their cell phone, iPad and iPod? What is Geo Tagging, consequences of Sexting, Hidden apps, or Ghost apps? You will want to attend the Internet Safety Seminar for Parents on Thursday, September 22nd at the Evergreen Fire Department, 1802 Bergen Pkwy. Please refer to the Internet Safety Seminar flyer.
Director’s Coffee Chat – 5th Grade Parents – Join the Director, Roberta Harrell, for coffee Tuesday morning September 27th after drop off. Meet other RMAE parents, talk to the 5th grade teachers, ask questions, and stay updated on the latest news and events at RMAE. Please RSVP to the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Other grades will be scheduled in the coming weeks.
Parent University – Topic: NWEA testing – Thursday, September 29th @ 6:30 pm. We plan to bring in a NWEA representative to explain the NWEA testing and how parents can interpret their child’s results. All parents are welcome to attend. This session will be held in the cafeteria. RSVP to the office or email email@example.com.
Guiding the Gifted Child – Jeffco Schools is offering a presentation for parents at the District on September 26th, 2016. Find out more >>
After School Activities
- Join the RMAE Running Club – FOR BOYS AND GIRLS!! – The Nike-sponsored program at Marathon Kids strives to have running club participants meeting the goal of completing four marathons (104.8 miles) incrementally over the course of the running club season. The Club is planning to meet Thursdays at 3:30-4:15 beginning September 15. More information on the running club is on our website, or email or call Kelli Anderson at 303-579-0665 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mad Science Program Coming to RMAE in October – For grades 1 through 5 – Mad Science enrichment programs spark imaginative learning hands-on and inquiry-based curriculum held right at the school, no transportation needed! Children watch spectacular demonstrations, engage in exciting hands-on activities, participate in inquiry-based discussions and work on interesting take-home projects. Find out more >>
Read more about other after school activities on our website.
Preschool is accepting applications for a limited number of spaces that are available. Please call 303-670-3447 x5 to learn more and also visit our website: www.rmaepreschool.com
News from the Board
The Safety, Security and Privacy Committee (SSP) is looking for parent and staff volunteers to serve on our committee this school year. We are a subcommittee of the board and provide continuous improvement recommendations to our board of directors in the areas of school safety, security and privacy. We meet one evening per month. Please contact Julie Hushen at email@example.com to join or for more information.
News from the PTO
Go to our PTO page to read about the following PTO happenings:
- Support PTO by becoming a member by Sep 23 and get your School Directory.
- Reload and use your grocery cards to make money for RMAE and earn volunteer hours when you grocery shop or get gas.
- Like the PTO Facebook page
- Start clipping and saving BoxTops for our Fall Box Top drive; deadline to submit will be 10/17
- PTO is conducting an artwork contest for the PTO Directory and RMAE Yearbook covers. Submit your best RMAE Grizzly design by Friday, September 23rd.
- Attend our upcoming PTO meeting on Tuesday, October 4, at 8:20 at the Bergen fire station.
- Keep track of your volunteer hours, you should have received your Welcome email from Volunteer Manager this week. If you have not please contact Mary Houlihan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Keep track of your volunteer hours, a new online log is coming soon.
- Please ensure that you are receiving emails from your child’s class room coordinator to stay up to date on individual classroom communication and activities. Contact Brianna Boyle (email@example.com) for any questions.
- A huge thank you to Wendy Courtney, Jenny Anderson, and all 7th grade pizza volunteers for providing our kiddos with pizza every Wednesday. This is a big undertaking and we appreciate it! Thank you for adding the fruit option this year!
News from the Community
Help Support Breast Cancer Early Detection – Community Fundraiser – Mark your calendars for Saturday, September 24th from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm at Evergreen Fire Rescue. There will be several athletic competitions and obstacle courses for kids. Whether you wish to participate in an athletic event or are there to cheer on your neighbors, be a part of this community! Registration is now open at www.bfb.regquick.com.
Treating others politely and kindly
Doing your part for the groups that make us whole
Our middle school students displayed both of these Core Virtues during their recent trip to 100 Elk. I received a lovely letter from the staff at 100 Elk with these positive remarks:
“Loved our time with Rocky Mountain Academy!”
“Thanks for giving us a great start to our season!”
“You guys are great!
“Loved having you here again!”
“It was a joy to work with you all!”