Dear RMAE Parents,
Annual National Geographic Geo Bee is back! On January 28th, Mr. Reynolds and Ms. Johnson will be holding the preliminary round for the National Geographic Geography Bee. The first round will take place in 6th , 7th , and 8th grade history classes for all Middle School students. The top 10 scorers will move on to the final round to take place during elective time on February 2. The top student will have a chance to advance to the state and national championship where he/she could win up to a $50,000 college scholarship. Over break, students and parents are encouraged to look at the following resources: www.nationalgeographic.com/geobee/quiz/today, http://www.nationalgeographic.com/geobee/study-corner/ AND www.nationalgeographic.com/geobee/apps.
Please email Mr. Reynolds or Ms. Johnson with any questions.
Annual Giving Letter –Time is running out to receive a tax deduction for contributions in 2014! Please consider making a donation amount that best fits your budget, large or small. These funds provide support to many different areas of our school. You may mail in your donation, drop off a check at the front office, or go to the Donate to RMAE page under the Giving tab on our website at http://www.rmae.org/ways-to-give/support-rmae
Skate the Lake New Year’s Eve Fundraiser — Drive Smart hosts this annual community event for families. This year they will donate $5 back to the school of choice when purchasing tickets through the link below. Please consider attending this fun event while earning money for RMAE!
LINK FOR $5 DONATION TO YOUR SCHOOL http://www.drive-smart.org/campus-messenger-email-instructions (Please note: The website states the link will close today, the 19th, but it will be open through Sunday, December 21.)
Top Three Volunteers – Congratulations to Christine and Jeff Emery, Liesl and Ned Parker, Helga and Troy Schultz, for collecting the highest number of volunteer hours for the past 6 weeks. Remember to log your hours on Our Volts on the RMAE home page at www.rmae.org
December Core Virtues: Gratitude – I would like to share that we are so thankful for the fine work that our staff has been doing in carrying out the RMAE mission and we’re happy that this year’s finances have allowed us to give our staff a well-deserved bonus. Please share in our appreciation thanking them.
The first half of the 2014-2015 school year has been a special time for me as the new director of RMAE. I am so grateful for the continued support from students, staff, and parents. Below are some of the successes that we have achieved together as a team. With so much support and enthusiasm, I can only imagine what we can accomplish in the remainder of the year and many years to come!
- John Irwin School of Excellence Award for outstanding student achievement.
- Veteran’s Day Celebration –with the help of vets from the Evergreen American Legion. Students sang and honored the vets in the audience after hearing some of their incredible stories of service to our country.
- Volunteer Day — With the help of supplies and manpower from the Evergreen Home Depot, RMAE volunteers painted the entire front office, trimmed, raked, and beautified the school grounds, repaired and replaced broken items, and much more! We received a video on the Jeffco website of our community effort!
- UIP Submitted –Thanks to the AAA for completion of our Unified Improvement Plan.
- State of the School meeting which included performances by members of the RMAE orchestra. Event also provided RMAE PTA, AAA, and Foundation to put forth a unified message of coorperation.
- Technology Update — Through financial help from the Foundation, we were able to update our technology infrastructure, purchase new servers, and purchase additional computers and iPads.
- New Website — The website was revised and refreshed to provide timely communication to our school community.
- STEM-related classes:
- Middle School electives to have students build storage sheds – great authentic learning!
- Connected with Warren Tech to offer robotics instruction to our students using LEGO Mindstorms
- Added Chess Club after school for K-8 students
- Lockdown Drill received high marks from Jeffco Security team for this important safety drill.
- Music Performances — The many outstanding choir, orchestra, band, and classroom holiday performances ended 2014 with a sense of peace and harmony at our school!
Best wishes to all RMAE families for a wonderful holiday break!
January 5 Professional Development Day for teachers – NO SCHOOL for students
January 7 First round enrollment begins
January 13 Sea Camp Parent Meeting, 3:30 p.m., Room 301
January 15 Spirit Day
January 19 Martin Luther King Day – NO SCHOOL