It is mandatory that parents / guardians register their child(ren) during Registration Week, usually the first week in May, for the upcoming school year. In the event of wait-lists, all students (new and returning) who are not registered by the last day of Registration Week will forfeit their spot on the next year’s roster.
Mid year transfers (between October 1 and the first day of the second semester) from other Jefferson County Schools will be handled in accordance with the second round application period procedures. Along with the student’s application, the student must also submit a Jefferson County administrative transfer form to RMAE and a copy to their current school. The principal of the current school must approve the outgoing transfer.
Grounds For Denial of Admission
The following are grounds for denial of admission to students requesting choice enrollment:
- There are no openings available.
- RMAE does not offer appropriate programs required by a student.
- The student does not meet the established eligibility criteria for participating in a particular program, including but not limited to age requirements, and required levels of performance.
- The student has been expelled from any school district during the preceding 12 months, or has engaged in behavior in another school district during the preceding 12 months that is detrimental to the welfare or safety of other students or of school personnel.
- The student has been expelled at any time, or is in the process of being expelled, as a habitually disruptive student or for a serious violation in a school building or in or on school property.
Changes In Residence
A student who becomes a non-resident after enrollment or between school years shall be allowed to remain at RMAE.
The RMAE office staff will be happy to assist you in this process and answer any questions you may have. Office hours are from 7:45 am to 3:45 pm on school attendance days. If you need to leave a message after hours dial 100 at the outgoing message. Class lists are maintained all summer long and the enrollment secretary will fill any openings during the summer. The best way to contact the Enrollment Secretary is via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone: 303-670-1070 Fax: 303-670-1253